Friday, November 24, 2006

Nokia Software Updater

Please DO NOT simply update your Nokia N73 using the Nokia Software Updater. As you might have a risk to make your phone “Die” before the software has been successfully update.

As usual, a lot of N73 users always facing the handset being slow, automatic restart or even hang frequent time. If you send the unit back to the dealer or reseller, they will say this is normal because of its software problem. This is a norm happen to all 1st badge of N73 (August – September). The dealer advice is waiting the new software coming out and updates it to solve this problem.

Unfortunately, I found that there is Nokia Software Updater in the forum. I notice that a lot of users being quite satisfied and happy after update their N73. I do read the problem there are facing too. Anyway, I wish to give myself a try. Therefore, without any hesitation, I download it. Anyhow, I should declare myself in such black luck because my phone “Die” in the very last minutes when my N73 going to finish its update. Oh My God, my N73 really “Die”, I can’t switch on the phone. In a very disappointed feeling, I send my phone to the dealer. The dealer told me that they need 2 weeks for the warranty repair. I was asking anyway to do it faster? They told me, sure as long as I pay my own money RM60, they will ask the technician do it faster. Now, I already miss my N73 for 2 days, in fact they promise me 24 hours. What bullshit? Therefore, my advice: Don’t simply update your phone if you are not very sure. Go to the service center as they will do it for you. If anything happen, they need to bear it because your N73 still under warranty. I have check with Nokia Customer Service, normally the software update will take 24 hours only.

No comments: